For the Cupcakes:
- Place cupcake liners in a standard 12-cup muffin tin and preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Place the Kerrygold Unsalted Butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat on medium speed until well combined, fluffy and pale yellow, for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time until fully combined. Add the vanilla. Turn the mixer to low speed and add the dry ingredients and buttermilk alternately in two batches, scraping down the bowl as you go. Mix until just incorporated.
- Carefully fill each cupcake liner about 2/3 full.
- Bake Cupcakes in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- To test for doneness, insert a bamboo skewer or wooden toothpick into the center of the cupcakes; it should come out clean. When done, remove the tin from the oven and place on a cooling rack until cool enough to invert and free each cupcake. Let the cupcakes finish cooling in their liners on the cooling rack.
For Buttercream Frosting:
- Beat Kerrygold Unsalted Butter until smooth.
- Add 1/3 of the powdered sugar and beat until incorporated. Repeat this with the other 2 thirds.
- Add the heavy cream, vanilla, and salt. Mix until everything is incorporated. Beat until smooth and fluffy.
Recipe by The Dynamite Shop.