- Melt 1 stick of Kerrygold Salted Butter in a heavy bottom saucepan over medium low heat until crackling, bubbling and browned. Should take about 3-5 minutes to reach a pale brown. Pour melted butter into a glass measuring cup and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until solid and cooled.
- After browned butter has cooled, in an electric mixer beat together remaining butter with sugars for a few minutes.
- Scoop in the cooled browned butter, and whip together for a few more minutes.
- Add vanilla. Scoop down the sides and mix again.
- Add eggs, and beat for 3-4 more minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together all dry ingredients (flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt).
- On lowest speed, slowly stir all dry ingredients into butter / sugar / egg mixture until incorporated.
- Using a spatula slowly fold in chopped chocolate.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill dough for at least 1 hour before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350F / 180C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and make cookie dough balls about 2 tablespoons in size. (I can fit about 6 cookies on a sheet.) Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Cookies should be golden brown on the edges but appear slightly wet, pale and doughy in the middle.
Recipe by Sweetish Co.