- Fill a large pot with water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Place the cauliflower florets in the boiling water, and boil for 5 minutes, then add the broccoli to the pot, and boil for another 3 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower and broccoli well, leave to continue draining in the sink while you prepare the cream sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the 6 tablespoons Kerrygold Salted Butter, and then add the 1/2 cup of flour. Whisk continuously until the mixture is bubbly, and flour begins to cook and the butter begins to brown slightly, about 2 minutes. Add the chopped onion to the mixture, cook for another 2 minutes. Slowly stream the milk into the mixture, whisking constantly to avoid any lumps. Continue whisking and cooking the cream sauce until the milk comes to a simmer and the sauce starts to thicken, about 3 minutes. Add 2 cups of the grated Kerrygold Skellig Cheese to the sauce, and whisk in until melted.
- Pour 1 cup of the sauce in the bottom of a large casserole dish. Arrange the drained broccoli and cauliflower in the dish. Pour the rest of the cream sauce over the vegetables. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of grated Kerrygold Skellig Cheese over the top.
- Make the garlic crumb topping: In a small bowl, combine the melted Kerrygold Salted Butter, breadcrumbs, and minced garlic. Sprinkle the buttery breadcrumbs on top of the layer of Skellig Cheese. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the sauce is bubbly, and the breadcrumbs are deeply golden brown. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, and serve immediately.
Recipe by Lions Bread.