- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line two 9 x 13-inch baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Blend the Kerrygold Unsalted Butter into the flour using a pastry cutter, two butter knives, or your hands. Don’t overwork the dough.
- Add the blueberries and lemon zest and toss until coated in flour.
- Whisk the 3/4 cup cream (or alternatives) and 1 egg together in a medium bowl. Pour the wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until it barely comes together.
- Dump the dough onto a clean counter and form it into a flat 8” disc about 1” thick. Slice into eight equal wedges. Place four scones on each of the sheets, spaced evenly apart. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the remaining egg and the 2 tablespoons of cream in a small bowl.
- Brush the scones with the egg wash, and sprinkle each with a pinch of sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with jam and/or Kerrygold Salted Butter or clotted cream.