- In a small saucepan, melt the Kerrygold Salted Butter over low heat. Pour the butter into a heatproof bowl, and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, preheat the waffle iron.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the all purpose flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and kosher salt. Whisk to combine.
- In another medium bowl, combine the 4 eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract, and the milk. Whisk well to combine thoroughly. Then pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and whisk until just combined, and there are no dry pockets of flour in the batter. Be sure to scrape all the way to the bottom of the bowl.
- Spray the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray, then portion the batter into the waffle iron. Cook the waffles for 4-5 minutes until golden and crispy on both sides.
- Make the compound butter: In a small bowl, combine the 6 tablespoons of softened Kerrygold Salted Butter, ground cinnamon, maple syrup, and kosher salt. Use a spoon or rubber spatula to mash the ingredients together, pressing against the side of the bowl, and whipping until the mixture is smooth and fluffy.
- Assemble the breakfast board: on a large board, shingle the cooked waffles down the center. Surround the waffles with your favorite toppings like berries, bananas, maple syrup and the Cinnamon Maple Compound Butter. Serve!
Recipe by Lion’s Bread.