Make the dressing:
1. In a medium size jar, or in a small bowl, combine the dijon mustard, chopped shallot, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper, and honey.
2. Close the jar tightly, and shake the jar vigorously to mix, or whisk very well.
3. Add the olive oil, close tightly, and shake for about 1 minute until the dressing has emulsified.
Prepare the salad:
1. Start by segmenting the grapefruit. Use a sharp paring knife to cut the outer peel and white pith off of the grapefruit. Then slice along the lines of the segments to cut out only the pith-free segments of fruit.
2. Place the arugula in the bottom of a large bowl. Layer on the sliced fennel, grapefruit segments, shallots, parsley and fennel fronds.
3. Use a vegetable peeler to shave thin slices of the Reserve Cheddar on top of the salad.
4. Spoon the dressing over the salad just before serving. Store leftover dressing in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Recipe by Lion’s Bread