- Preheat oven to 350°F, with rack positioned in the middle. Lightly grease and flour a 9-inch spring form pan, or 6 cup mini loaf or round cake pan.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add apricot preserves, sugar, Grand Marnier, 1/4 teaspoon salt and apricots. Cook until the fruit softens and juices are reduced to a thick syrup, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add flours, baking powder, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add Kerrygold Unsalted Butter and sugar. Whip on medium speed until light and fluffy, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Add eggs, vanilla, and almond extract; whip until smooth. Add dry ingredients and mix just until well combined.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan or pans. Using a small off-set spatula, spread batter evenly to pan edges and smooth surface. Evenly distribute apricot mixture over surface of batter; leaving a 1/2-inch border. Bake until cake is golden brown and cooked through, but still very moist, about 30 minutes for individual cakes and 40 to 50 minutes for a 9-inch pan. Run a paring knife around sides of cake to loosen. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature. Dust with confectioners’ sugar. Cut as needed, and serve by itself or with lightly whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.