- Whisk all dry ingredients (flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt) in a large bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together all wet ingredients (applesauce, eggs, sour cream, vanilla, melted Kerrygold Salted Butter) in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Peel and cut apples into 1 inch to ¼ inch slices, a variety of sizes is good here.
- In a medium dutch oven pot over medium heat, melt Kerrygold Salted Butter. Once butter is melted add cut and sliced apples and toss until they’re coated in the butter.
- Add brown sugar and cinnamon and stir until all apples are coated in the brown sugar + cinnamon. Add a pinch of salt.
- Let the apples bubble and simmer over a medium-low heat stirring occasionally until the juice from the apples combine with the brown sugar and butter creating a caramel-like sauce. This takes about 10-15 minutes. The apples should be soft but still have a little bite to them.
- Set apples aside to cool slightly.
- Make a little well in the center of the large bowl of dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients into the well, whisking until combined. Let the batter rest while you heat the pan.
- In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, melt a tablespoon or so of Kerrygold Salted Butter and ladle a little less than a ¼ cup of batter per pancake, cooking and flipping each pancake until done.
- Serve pancakes with sauteed cinnamon apples and more Kerrygold Salted butter, Serve with maple syrup for more sweetness if desired.
Recipe by Sweetish.Co