Note: Use an 8-inch cake pan with at least 2-inch high sides to prevent cake from overflowing during bake time. If you don’t have a pan that size, you can also use a 9-inch cake pan and check cake at least 5 minutes earlier for doneness.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8” cake pan with parchment. Grease pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place Kerrygold Unsalted Butter, sugar and lemon zest in large mixing bowl and beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy (about 4 minutes). Beat in eggs and almond extract.
- Alternately stir in flour mixture and ricotta cheese, starting and ending with flour (batter will be thick).
- Scrape into prepared pan. Level with spoon or spatula. Sprinkle with sliced almonds and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Gently remove from pan and finish cooling on wire rack. Serve at room temperature with a dusting of powdered sugar or a dollop of freshly whipped cream.