Preheat an oven to 350°F and position an oven rack in the center.
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, add the butter and cream cheese and beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Gradually add the sugars and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla and mix, using a silicone spatula to scrape down the sides, until well combined.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Fill either a cookie press or a pastry bag, fitted with a 1/4-inch pastry tip, with dough and press the dough into 3-1/2-inch long cylinders.
- Apply a little more pressure halfway through the piping process to form ‘knuckles’.
- Using a paring knife, gently score the top of the dough to form wrinkles.
- Press an almond into one end of each cookie to make the finger nail.
- Transfer the cookie sheet to the oven and bake, checking almonds halfway through to ensure they are still in place, until golden-brown, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Allow the fingers to cool to the touch on baking sheet before transferring to a wire cooling rack to completely cool.