- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a cookie sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Add flour through cloves in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place butter and brown sugar in a medium bowl and mix until light and fluffy. Add eggs and molasses and mix again. Add half of flour mixture and mix until just combined. Repeat with remaining flour mixture. Gently stir in almonds and crystallized ginger. (Dough will be thick and sticky.)
- Take half of dough and form a log 14 inches long and 2-3 inches wide on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. (I found this easiest to do after lightly spraying my hands with cooking spray.)
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool enough to handle. Slice logs into ¾” – 1” slices and place one side down on baking sheet. Bake for another 10 minutes, flip and continue baking for 10 more minutes. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
When making your holiday baking plans, don’t forget to include this recipe for Gingerbread Biscotti. These spicy-sweet treats make fantastic homemade food gifts and are the perfect bite to serve with tea or coffee after dinner.
Biscotti are actually a twice baked cookie, but don’t worry, that doesn’t mean they are hard to make. Our recipe starts with Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter. Warm gingerbread spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves are then combined with zesty molasses, toasted almonds and crystallized ginger to give these crunchy cookies a seasonal spin. Bake them first as logs, cool and then slice and bake them again. It’s as simple as that. Plus these Gingerbread Biscotti will keep for weeks in a sealed container, earning them gold star status as a make ahead treat during the busy holiday season.
- Meal type: baking
- Product: Kerrygold Unsalted Butter