To make the Romesco sauce:
- Place all sauce ingredients except salt in a blender jar. Process to desired consistency (a bit chunky to completely smooth). Salt to taste. Can be made ahead of time and refrigerated.
To make the Cauliflower:
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Whisk together olive oil, salt and garlic powder in a small bowl. Brush one side of cauliflower steaks with oil mixture.
- Place steaks oil side down on preheated grill. Brush half of oil mixture on top side of steaks and cook for 5 minutes.
- Use a large spatula or tongs to flip steaks, brush with remaining oil and cook for another 3-5 minutes or until stems are easily pierced with the tip of a knife.
- Place one slice (two halves) of Kerrygold Savory Cheddar Sliced cheese on each cauliflower steak, close grill and cook for an additional minute or until cheese is melted.
- Spread a spoonful of Romesco sauce on the bottom of 6 plates and top with a grilled cauliflower steak. Sprinkle with chopped herbs and almonds.
- Serve with a simple green salad and additional Romesco sauce on the side.
Note: You might have Romesco sauce left over. Freeze for later or add to a meal of pan seared chicken breast with roasted broccoli or as a tasty spread for sandwiches.