- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment and place one folded sheet of puff pastry on each sheet so it can defrost enough to unfold. Set aside.
- Melt Kerrygold unsalted butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and whisk continuously for about 2 minutes until golden in color. Gradually stream in milk, whisking constantly. When mixture is smooth and lump free, stir in garlic and bring to a low boil.
- Add ¼ cup Kerrygold® Mild Cheddar Cheese Shreds, salt, pepper and ground red pepper to saucepan and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in ham and spinach until evenly incorporated. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Unfold pastry sheets and cut into 4 squares each. Place about two tablespoons of ham mixture in the middle of each pastry square and top with 1 tablespoon shredded cheese. Firmly fold all four corners on the pastry in towards the center to form a smaller square.
- Add 1 tablespoon water to beaten egg and whisk to combine. Brush egg wash over pastries. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown, flipping pans halfway through the bake time. Serve warm.