- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brush melted butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place buttered side down on a jelly roll pan and divide the mustard on 2 slices of bread.
- Place one slice of cheese over Dijon mustard and top with 4 slices of ham, add another slice of cheese and top with other slice of buttered bread with the buttered side facing up. Bake in preheated oven for 10- 15 minutes or until bottom slice of bread is toasted.
- Flip the sandwich and top each sandwich with ¼ cup bechamel sauce and another slice of cheese. Bake another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- While the cheese is melting, fry two eggs to desired doneness. Remove sandwich from oven and top with fried egg. Garnish with fresh thyme and serve.
Bechamel Sauce Directions:
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Sprinkle the flour over the butter and cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Add the milk and whisk until mixture is smooth and sauce thickens (about 3 minutes). Stir in mustard and nutmeg. Season to taste with salt and pepper.