- Prick the sweet potato with a fork in several spots. Place potato on a microwave safe plate and microwave for 3 minutes. Carefully turn the potato over and cook for another 2 1/2 minutes. Test potato for doneness (a fork should pierce the potato with little resistance). If needed, cook for another minute. Cool enough to handle then split open potato and scoop flesh into a small bowl.
- Stir in Kerrygold® Unsalted Butter and 1/4 cup Kerrygold® Savory Cheddar Cheese Shreds until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add onion and cook for 1 minute. Add broccoli and cook for another 3 minutes or until bright green. Season with salt and pepper.
- Unroll pie dough onto parchment. Evenly spread potato mixture onto dough, leaving about an inch border around the edge so you can fold it over the filling.
- Spread broccoli mixture on top of sweet potato mixture. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining 1/2 cup Kerrygold® Savory Cheddar Cheese Shreds. Fold the edge of the dough over the filling, creasing and folding until the circle is complete.
- Add 1 tablespoon water to the egg and whisk until combined. Brush the exposed dough edges with egg wash.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden. Tent with foil after 15 minutes if broccoli is browning too quickly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Recipe by Garnish with Lemon.