- Preheat the oven to 425F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Rub olive oil all over the potatoes and sprinkle with a generous amount of kosher salt.
- Poke potatoes a few times with a knife or fork to create steam holes. Line potatoes on sheet pan and roast for 55-60 minutes at 425F.
- Roast potatoes until the inside is tender and the skin seems slightly wrinkled and crispy.
- While the potatoes are roasting, prepare other ingredients. Chop up 10 Mild Cheddar Kerrygold Cheese Slices, Kerrygold Salted Butter, sour cream and salt in a large bowl and set aside. Chop chives and set aside in a separate small bowl.
- While the potatoes are still hot and cut the top off of each potato – about ⅔’s into the potato.
- For 8 of your potatoes, carefully scoop potato fluff into the large bowl containing your filling ingredients, leaving about ¼ of an inch left of the white part inside of the potato. For the remaining 4 potatoes, completely scoop out all of the fluff leaving only the skin. You should have about 6 cups of potato fluff.
- Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes with the ingredients, until combined. Ensure potato fluff is hot when you combine them with the ingredients or else the cheese and butter won’t melt in. If your potato filling has cooled, heat it up over the stove in a large pot and add your ingredients and mash in the pot so it all stays toasty.
- Salt to taste.
- Scoop Kerrygold Mild Cheddar Cheese Slices filling into each pre-scooped potato and top with chopped chives, a bit more salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by Sweetish.Co