- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray an oval baking dish lightly with cooking spray and set aside.
- Peel potatoes, cut into 1/8 inch thin slices and place in a large bowl.
- Heat cream, thyme and garlic over low heat until warm but not boiling and pour over potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Stir gently to coat.
- Spoon a third of the potato and cream mixture into prepared dish and arrange so potatoes are evenly distributed.
- Add 2 slices of Kerrygold® Mild Cheddar cheese. Repeat process two more times, finishing with cheese. Pour extra cream left in bowl over top.
- Using a spatula, press down to compact layers.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, garnish with fresh thyme and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.