Instructions to make the linguine:
- Prepare linguine according to package directions, reserving 1/3 cup cooking water. Return drained linguine to cooking pot.
Instructions to make the alfredo sauce:
- Place cooked cauliflower and milk in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat and sauté garlic for 1 minute. Add cauliflower mixture and cheese to pan and stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Thin sauce with reserved pasta water. Stir sauce into linguine in pot.
To make the rest of the pasta dish:
- Place oil and butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add asparagus and mushrooms, cooking until just crisp tender. Stir in peas and cook until heated through. Stir in garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add vegetables to linguine in pot and toss to coat. Serve with additional cracked black pepper, if desired.
Note: the cooking time of your asparagus will depend on its size. My asparagus was thick, so I added it with the mushrooms. If you have thin asparagus, I would sauté the mushrooms for a few minutes before adding the asparagus so they are done cooking at the same time.