- Place chuck roast in slow cooker. Add water, beef bouillon, soy sauce, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, bay leaf and peppercorns; gently stir. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Carefully remove beef from slow cooker. Shred beef and set aside. Strain the au jus sauce and set aside.
- Preheat the broiler. Split the rolls in half and place cut side up on sheet pan. Brush rolls with melted butter and broil until toasted.
- Pile beef on toasted rolls and layer with cheese on top of meat. Broil until cheese is melted.
- Serve with warm au jus sauce.
These super easy Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches are packed with flavor and make great party food or a tasty weeknight meal!