- Bring a medium-sized saucepan of salted water to the boil, add the corn on the cobs and cook for five minutes. Once they’re cooked, rinse them under cold water and remove the corn kernels into a bowl by sliding a sharp knife down each side of the cobs.
- In a bowl mix the crabmeat, crème fraîche, spring onions, tarragon, flat leaf parsley, cayenne pepper and half the melted butter. Then add the corn, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix well to combine.
- Spoon this mixture into 6 x 120ml ramekins, then pour over a thin layer of the rest of the melted butter. Sprinkle freshly ground black pepper, sea salt and fresh herbs on top.
- Transfer the potted crabs to a fridge to set, and leave for an hour.
- Remove them from the fridge about 15 mins before serving. Serve with thinly sliced toasted sourdough bread or crackers.
- Meal type: starters
- Product: Kerrygold Salted Butter
- Serves: 6