- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Place a cast iron pan or an oven proof frying pan over a low heat and add the superfine sugar and water. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Once the sugar has dissolved, turn the heat up high and simmer for 12-14 minutes or until the syrup is a light golden-brown colour. Then stir in the unsalted butter and cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until you get caramel consistency. Then stir in the ground cinnamon.
- Arrange the pears with the cut side facing up around the pan and slightly overlapping.
- Place the puff pastry sheets on top of each other and roll out so that they combine and are big enough to cover the pears in the pan.
- Place the pastry on top of the pears and fold the edges under so that you’re tucking in the pears and use a sharp knife to make three small slits in the center of the pastry base.
- Put the pan in the preheated oven for 45 minutes
- When it’s cooked, carefully turn out the tart onto your serving dish and serve with a dollop of crème fraiche.