Pound Cake Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan and set aside.
- Place Kerrygold unsalted butter and cream cheese in a large bowl and cream on high until light and fluffy.
- Whisk together sugar, flour, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl; add to butter mixture and beat until well combined. (It will look crumbly and sandy at first, but keep beating it until it resembles a dry cookie dough that clumps together.)
- Whisk together the eggs, vanilla and milk in a small bowl. Add liquid to batter in 3 batches, beating well after each addition.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes. Lightly tent pan with foil to keep from overbrowning and bake for another 25-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in loaf comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan and then remove from pan to cool completely on wire rack.
Maple Peach topping:
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup Kerrygold® Salted Butter and 1/2 cup pure maple syrup over low heat. Stir until butter is melted and then whisk to combine.
- Toss with fresh peach slices from 4 large peaches
Mascarpone Whipped Cream:
- Place 1 cup heavy cream, ½ cup mascarpone cheese, ¼ cup powdered sugar and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Beat on high with a whisk attachment until cream thickens and holds its shape.
How to Grill Pound Cake:
- Generously butter 1” slices of pound cake on both sides.
- Grill slices over medium heat until toasted.
- Flip and repeat on opposite side.
- Plate slices of grilled pound cake and top with peaches and a dollop of whipped cream.