- Place olive oil and butter in a large pan. Heat on medium-low until butter is melted. Add onions and stir to coat. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sugar and continue to cook for another 30 – 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt to taste.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place baguette slices on baking sheet and broil until evenly toasted.
- Divide caramelized onions evenly among baguette slices. Top each slice with 2 quarters/cracker cuts of Kerrygold® cheese. Broil until cheese is melted. Remove from oven.
- Top each warm crostini with one apple slice and a sprinkle of fresh thyme leaves. Serve immediately.
Need a fall-flavored appetizer for your next party? Treat your guests to a plate filled with these delicious Cheese Crostini with Caramelized Onions, Apples and Thyme.
- Meal type: sides
- Product: Kerrygold Salted Butter, Kerrygold Mild Cheddar Cheese