- Coarsely shred zucchini using a box grater or food processor. Place shredded zucchini in a fine mesh colander and stir in 2 teaspoons salt. Let sit for at least 30 minutes. Use your hands or a dry kitchen towel to squeeze out as much liquid from the zucchini as possible. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Place a cooling rack on a sheet pan and set aside.
- Whisk together your remaining teaspoon of salt with the flour, baking powder, pepper and chives in a large bowl. Stir in zucchini, eggs and cheese until thoroughly mixed.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Carefully scoop ¼ cups of batter into the oil and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden and firm.
- Transfer cooked fritters to the cooling rack on the sheet pan and place in warm oven. Repeat process with remaining fritter batter.
- Sprinkle warm fritters with coarse sea salt and serve with garlic aioli, if desired.